Divest-Invest Minnesota is a campaign that believes it is time for Minnesota to divest from polluting fossil fuel industries and invest in a healthy, equitable, and secure future. Divest -> Invest MN has its roots in the 350 Movement. 350 is a global movement working for a stable and safe climate now and in the future. The number 350 refers to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere that scientists have determined is the safe limit for maintaining a livable planet. We must work to reduce the current 400 parts per million CO2 in the atmosphere to 350 ppm. A key way to do that is to remove money from fossil fuel carbon-emitting industries and invest it in alternative, cleaner forms of energy.
- Our Plan: A List of Actions for the SBI Board Members to Take
- Actions Taken to Support Divestment: A Timeline
- Minnesota Association of Professional Employees supports a study of divesting the state pension from fossil fuels
- Fossil Free MN distrupts U of M Regents meeting
- Letter to Editor appears in Star Tribune